Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Cartweaver Reviews - Why?

I thought I would start this blog with the simple question - why review Cartweaver? Well I have to say is for the simple reason that I love the thing and it deserves a review.

Side note: I am not paid to promote Cartweaver. I have purchased the Cartweaver shopping cart myself in the ColdFusion format and nothing else. I have installed it in numerous client websites and I have modified the source code all hte way back to version one!

First off the software was built with developers in mind. I have to say when I was new to ColdFusion and looking for a shopping cart - there were about 6-10 shopping carts that I looked at and to be honest - they did too much for me the beginner. I wanted to LEARN. I needed a place to start learning about shopping carts and the cart put together by Lawrence and his team was the one I settled on.

I will say the installation leaves a little to be desired - but again - it was very useful to learn more about ColdFusion. However they give you the dreamweaver toolbar add-on and Angela and her team did a fantastic job on that as well.

Well that is it for now - I will start chronicling Cartweaver and go through a basic install of the current version (v3.) over the next few days and show just how easy it really is and why you too should use Cartweaver.

And yes I will tell you the things I find to be a draw back as well - but there aren't many.

As Paul Evans Loves to say - Be Blessed!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Energize Your Blog